Windows are essential in a house since they represent the entrance of natural light. Increase the beauty of a space to the point that good views can be decisive to select a property as a definitive option of purchase or rental. Therefore, the beauty of the views perfects the home itself as an element of interior design.
This is the case when a family can observe a green area, a spectacular horizon or a lake, for example. When personalizing a home, within the reform project, constant decisions must be made. The choice of windows is an important issue. Do you love the large windows? In this article we tell you what are the advantages and disadvantages of this option that marks trend in architecture.
Advantages of large windows
1. Natural light: The spaces with large windows are more diaphanous thanks to the visual projection that this stimulus produces in the place.
2. Enjoy the views of the garden or the terrace. There are places in the house where a large window also provides a sense of continuity between the interior and exterior of the house. Install a window in this particular place is a good option that adds the aesthetic pleasure of good views, but also, the protection of privacy in the home because this window does not connect with other neighbors who live nearby, but with your own space.
3. State of mind: Joy, excitement and motivation are factors that define the happiness of the moment in the daily routine. A healthy lifestyle is the basis of personal care. However, another recommendation of emotional well-being is to enhance contact with natural light also during the winter, when the days are shorter.
4. Ecology: From the point of view of environmental sustainability, to be able to optimize the use and enjoyment of natural light, this also has a constructive effect on energy saving and nature care.
Disadvantages of large windows
1. Complex care: These large windows require maintenance that is more complex in terms of time and cleaning technique. A complexity that increases when the windows are located at high altitude.
2. Budget: From the point of view of cost, the price of this type of window is also higher since the material used for its elaboration is more abundant. Since the cost of this type of window is higher, especially if it is chosen as a preferred option for the whole house, it is possible to prioritize its use in specific places. For example in the salon.
3. Loss of privacy: This factor depends on where the house is located and what is the distance between a building and the one that is located directly opposite.
4. It does not adapt to all types of surfaces: When making the decision to choose large windows to personalize the home, it is not only important to take care of the impact that this attractive aesthetic can produce in the interior, but also on the outside. The windows are also part of the facade of the building. Depending on the dimensions of this exterior area of the house, it may be more appropriate to choose a window of proportions that are in tune with the context.
Take stock to make your decision
Therefore, the windows are protagonists of the beauty of the place. However, the decision to place large windows should always be made in response to the pros and cons of this option in relation to the individual project of the characteristics of the house on which the choice is concerned.