Choosing an alarm system for your home can be a simple task when you consider the particularity and housing needs. A good security system should protect you against a possible risk and to feel safe. There are several companies that offer these services for your complete peace of mind.
The control panel of the security system is important.
Having a good security system installed in your home, among other benefits, can help you get a discount on homeowners insurance with your insurer, ask the experts.
The 12 keys to choose the security system
Make a complete research on the different companies providing the service, you should be aware of certain indicative of which are:
- The number of years of experience in sales of security systems.
- Additional advantages offered by the security company, for example, a guarantee against theft, free relocation if you move, access the system remotely from your work, etc..
- Counseling and possible options or plans in security systems for each particular case. Asked by different systems, from the cheapest to the most expensive to hire the best service and depending on your budget.
- The quality of the equipment offered: if technology or modern art.
- The specialist service such as monitoring 24 hours every day.
- Whether you can contact the company easily and quickly or not.
- If you have support facilities in other centers of the country.
- If the security system has some source of additional power, because if you get to go light, having a power generator will be vital.
- The level of usability is suitable for all family members so that in case of emergency it can easily enable or disable.
- You should check that the security company you consider hiring is legal.
Find out the time of the contract, to know how long you are entitled to ask for equipment maintenance or replacement of the same in case of failure, etc. and exclusions of the contract, in other words you must know what is included in the warranty and what not.
What should be in your security system?
What to include security system varies depending on the needs and budgets, however, what every good and complete system should have:
- A numeric keypad.
- A control panel.
- A siren.
- A motion detector.
- Any contact mechanism on the doors along with a connection to the nearest station.
- Surveillance cameras.
It is clear that the security system is not only related to the sensors, security cameras and alarms, is any method used to protect the home, such as having security doors, security bars, safes, blinds protected, among others. Each person defines what you need depending on your experience, standard of living, the environment and various psychological factors. Additionally you can protect your home with home hazards anti-fire systems, smoke detection, fire or carbon monoxide.