The accumulation of tiny dust ends up affecting the fibers of the carpets: The saving in the maintenance of the carpets is making a daily cleaning, and finding natural recipes to remove the stains
Having gleaming carpets is not just a matter of renewing them year after year. You can give simple maintenance tasks to make even the oldest and used carpet look like new, without spending more than a few coins a year!
In the first place, as always, there is prevention. You should not wait at the last minute to clean and maintain the carpets. As often as you can, run the vacuum on your carpets, to keep them always in their optimal state. Often we do not appreciate any dirt, but it is precisely the accumulation of this minute powder that ends up affecting the fibers of the carpets. In addition, the vacuum removes the fibers from each other, leaving them more fluffy and showy.
“If the carpet had pronounced colors, avoid using aggressive cleaners, whether commercial or natural.”
How to remove stains from carpets
If there is an old stain on your carpet , take advantage of the natural and economic solutions to restore it. Sprinkle baking soda and then sprinkle with fresh lemon juice, to make an effervescence to help you remove the stain. Then, go over the dirty area with warm soapy water, with the help of a soft bristle brush, without damaging the fibers.
When a recent stain is made , take action immediately. As soon as the carpet is dirty, clean it up. This will help you in your work: dry spots are always harder to remove. As soon as a liquid or a paste falls on the carpet, place an absorbent paper towel on top. And then go over it with warm soapy water (rinse then with warm water) to clean the carpet immediately.
If the carpet had pronounced colors, avoid using aggressive cleaners, whether commercial or natural. Apply warm water with white laundry soap as a first measure, and then go assessing the damage or the need to move to more aggressive products. This way, you will avoid leaving marks or damages in its structure.
Simple solutions against common stains
Among the most common stains of carpets, we find:
- Red wine stains : Sprinkle with white wine or carbonated water and place absorbent paper. Then, review with warm water.
- White wine stains : White wine will be cleaned only with gasified water and absorbent paper.
- Ink stains : Pen ink or other ink can be removed, simply, with a little milk at room temperature.
- Caffeine stains : The dirt of coffee, tea, yerba mate, can be cleaned with a solution of white vinegar and fine alcohol. Check then with warm water, if necessary.
- Candy spots : If you spill candy or sugar, you can remove the dirt with a little shampoo mixed with medicinal alcohol. If the candy had aggressive colors, complement the cleaning with warm water or lemon juice.
“Try not to use removers or solvents to clean the carpets, because you could damage the structures of the fibers.”
Try not to use removers or solvents to clean the carpets, as you could damage the structures of the fibers. If you need to dry, apply absorbent paper under and above, and ventilate with cold air: hot air (like that of a hair dryer) or the heat from an iron or other source could damage synthetic fibers or deform the structure.